It is the purpose of the purchasing policy to establish uniform guidelines by which City departments can acquire goods and services. The goals are designed to:
- Ensure compliance with state and local laws pertaining to municipal purchasing.
- Ensure the lowest responsive vendor is paid for goods and services meeting City specifications.
- Meet the operational needs of the City.
- Provide a timely and cost effective method for acquiring goods and services.
- Provide reasonable and efficient internal controls.
- Encourage competitive bidding on the part of vendors. Go to Bid Notices.